Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Integral Institute Forums » Regional / Local Community Spa... » North America » USA » North East » Re: doubtless it must be so

doubtless it must be so

Last post 08-19-2006, 10:28 AM by jonwolston. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-29-2006, 8:50 AM 2344

• jonwolston is not online. Last active: Tue, Jul 10 2024, 2:45 PM jonwolston
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-29-2006
    • providence, ri
    • Posts 11
    • Points 85

doubtless it must be so

ay!

beside the driveway

deadheading these daylillies. . .

something is moving

in the blossoming. . .

a bright tiger swallowtail

makes its departure

jon

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  07-29-2006, 11:01 AM 2354 in reply to 2344

Re: doubtless it must be so

jon, i like that there is mention of moving in the first verse but the verse, itself, is yet still Still as we are unaware yet of what it is that is moving. The poem remains in balance-- in symetry-- up to "in the blossoming" which directs us to focus our awareness to what it is that moves. The bright tiger swallowtail enters our consciousness which projects out, integrally, into the manifest world of which the poem lives. And it is affected by the movement: "a bright tiger swallowtail" begins to move to the right, "makes its departure" moves further to the right. Is the poem moving us, or are we moving it? Neither possible without a Creator.

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  08-19-2006, 10:28 AM 4720 in reply to 2354

• jonwolston is not online. Last active: Tue, Jul 10 2024, 2:45 PM jonwolston
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-29-2006
    • providence, ri
    • Posts 11
    • Points 85

Re: doubtless it must be so

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. It takes me deeper into what is there. One thing I like about writing poetry is just that, but it usually takes me months. I read an earlier poem and think, "My God, I didn't know I knew that then, but now I know I knew that then before I knew I knew it.
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help