Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Campus Outreach

Last post 02-26-2007, 4:39 PM by pattye. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-22-2007, 12:14 PM 18559

• Castine is not online. Last active: 12-15-2007, 12:56 PM Castine
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-20-2006
    • Castine, Maine
    • Posts 5
    • Points 40

Campus Outreach

Can not find any articles about the progress or actual structure of campus outreach for ISC..is there a format? links? We want to help..but needed to get it going..I went to Dharmapalooza last Oct with one of the musicians who will perform for us.. practicing Centering Prayer side by side with Vid's 45 minute instruction and then into Genpo Roshi's BIG MIND was seamless..and easy to do..ONE BIG MIND So, Our first Maritimeapalooza will be held Feb 08 at the Maine Maritime Academy.  Castine, ME We are being sponsored by the Student Activities Board.. Flow:

What: Maritimeapalooza *(Get Together with God)

5:30-6:30 pm WITNESS (introduction, instruction PRACTICE..Centering Prayer) led by David Andrews, rector Trinity Episcopal Church Castine,

6:30-7:30pm  BREAK BREAD (dinner together, discussion..how does Centering Prayer fit an integral approach to spirituality..references to ISC- Stuart Davis background music..

7:30-10/11pm ROCKnROLL (at the Waypoint Student center club..local musicians donate their talent and time to rock with you ..Christian, Buddhist..all mystic wonderful songs from various traditions.)

*"...apalooza" title belongs to Stuart Davis..(we will list this as a credit) we are using it with BigLove forgiveness/permission..dont ask just do and ask for forgiveness after..actually we have emailed the twisted mystic a couple of times..asked his brother to put a note in his guitar case...but no response as yet. Cant wait to play "Drown" for a bunch of our USCG licensing track students...masochistic ex mariner that I am...Victoria Stearns Coordinator, Continuing Education Maine Maritime Academy, Castine ME 04420 207 326-2211 vstearns@mma.edu http://conted.mainemaritime.edu

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  01-22-2007, 2:42 PM 18566 in reply to 18559

• rollie is not online. Last active: 12-21-2007, 7:38 PM rollie
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2006
    • Boulder, CO and Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 136
    • Points 3,350

Re: Campus Outreach

Hello Victoria,

Thank you so very much for your post!  We are just formulating our approach now, and will be discussing it with interested folks shortly.  But one requirement - and one thing I have been incredibly impressed with - are the number and quality of people who want to help out.  We feel it's an incredibly important message to get out to college students, and we'll certainly need help on the ground to do so.  I will keep you posted, and thanks again for your post.  Maritimeapalooza sounds fabulous - let us know if we can support you!  God bless....

~Rollie @ ISC
    • Post Points: 50
    • Report abuse
  •  01-22-2007, 5:51 PM 18570 in reply to 18566

• Castine is not online. Last active: 12-15-2007, 12:56 PM Castine
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-20-2006
    • Castine, Maine
    • Posts 5
    • Points 40

Rollie - Thanks - yes. we would love to have I-I support our effort..do you have some talking points we could use? suggested segues/charts to use to assure the ISC approach well presented? Keep the headache scale turned down low..this is GOD ON TAP..you know.. I am not a scholar..though I have been reading Wilber for 15 years..just a bright light doer and practitioner of CP...there are soooo many places this can go and we want the first to be a big hit..seems they are hungry..We will be sending CD's to the local radio station. WERU (they live stream if you google - WERU maine -should be enough to find them) to boost interest..and a free insert in local papers..

Havent seen The Slambovian Circus of Dreams in your listing of mystic musicians.check them out at Slambovia.com. they have a free radio selection..hit on My Girl...works for me...they give a concert that is OUT OF THIS WORLD...

If you have any posters/handouts etc I will see that they are circulated. Perhaps, if you have time, you could give me a call at work tomorrow..0800-1600 EST to talk about this more? 207 326-9054

Namaste! Victoria..or for integral friends the signature should be BL (BigLove) (sa) TORI.

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  01-24-2007, 6:29 AM 18609 in reply to 18566

Rollie,

I live near Tuscaloosa, Alabama. We have the University of Alabama, Stillman College and Shelton State Community College. I have been in touch with Shelton State Community College, and I am earnestly trying to get them to incorporate courses on Integral Life Practices. I would like to help set this up.

John Cargile, Msc.D, D.D.

JC
    33° 13' N 87° 37' W
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  02-26-2007, 4:30 PM 19717 in reply to 18609

Hi Rollie:  I have had this in my head for some time.  Cannot seem to get to everything esp. since Christmas.  I come from a long line of educators and am a retired teacher myself.   What I have wanted to say is that The Community Colleges

In Fl. may be a very wide open place to start.  I have wanted to go to lunch withthe Professor of World Religions Class and it sits on my list.  Ihave kept up with what he does and one thing they connected with is a real life Holy Man from India who lives on a Lake with his family.  They have been busy with retreats ets..  The college students of all ages have really connected with that.  .I will write more when I can make this more of something I have already looked into.  The teacher in me is ready.  But my interests do not stop there and I do not like to keep writing in about what would be

a good idea every time.   Thanks for your work at ISC   Pattye

• Report abuse
  •  02-26-2007, 4:39 PM 19718 in reply to 18566

PS  The other thing is that at CFCC,  Central FL. Community College  (30 miles from (Univ. Of Florida) and close to many others is here in Ocala and the place I mentioned I wanted to check into.   At one time all you had to do was have a plan for a class (something decent) and if 20 (I think) people signed up for it, you could

do it.  In this case, I have a feeling that it would start as a visit to the World Religions

Class they have now.  I could teach myself since I have the credentials to be an adjunct.  Or find someone, perhaps.  Again, I will keep you posted when something is more definite.  I also write all this to let you know that other states may have the same kind of set up and having been around when the com. colleges started, I am

more excited about them.  Just read an article with a title:   The gem we don;t know we have in the Community College System.  There is more . Later Pattye

• Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help