Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Mom, Dad? Are we gonna get to read Transformations of Consciouness? Please?

Last post 04-01-2007, 2:02 PM by ralphweidner. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-17-2006, 9:53 AM 11424

Mom, Dad? Are we gonna get to read Transformations of Consciouness? Please?

I think the title says enough. The preview of Integral Spirituality was wonderful and I am with those who are salivating over the possibility that we will have the opportunity to read the new Transformations of Consciousness chapter by chapter, week by week, share and discuss here.

Is there any chance of this happening?

I mean, seriously, what a WONDERFUL way to facilitate things growing here. As much as I love reading alone, to share that experience with a "we" in the process is just as wonderful if not more.

The weekly event of it all is something I already miss - a lot.

Please Mom and Dad?

Peace, Tim

"With whom or with what are you in communion at this moment?"
    . . ."I?" he replied, almost mechanically. "Why not with anyone or anything."
    "You must be a marvel . . . if you are able to continue in that state for long."
    -Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  10-17-2006, 12:20 PM 11435 in reply to 11424

Re: Mom, Dad? Are we gonna get to read Transformations of Consciouness? Please?

timelody:
    I think the title says enough. The preview of Integral Spirituality was wonderful and I am with those who are salivating over the possibility that we will have the opportunity to read the new Transformations of Consciousness chapter by chapter, week by week, share and discuss here.

Is there any chance of this happening?

Well, KW promised as much in one of the most recent conference calls. We must have been good.

Peter

"All nations should be like Amsterdam" -- Ken Wilber
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  10-17-2006, 12:30 PM 11437 in reply to 11435

Oh, he did? Whoops, missed that one.Embarrassed [:$]

Please disregard this thread, or if desired, others may continue to express their support.

"You must be a marvel . . . if you are able to continue in that state for long."
    -Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  10-17-2006, 12:59 PM 11441 in reply to 11424

Hi Tim, 

You're so right about the wonderfulness of the "WE" in the weekly dolling out of Integral Spirituality.

I miss that and would like it to happen again.  Could be the roots of a new addiction: "Wilberism: The compulsive need to read Ken faster than he can write."

I only have two kids so thanks for making up that fraction of a third for so many of us who have neglected to meet the quota for "replacement of current levels."  Such definitely LR green absolutism - but I thought green was able to see the good even in big families!  

Sorry, mixing threads here.

MarkD from Tyrannosaurus Sears

Just enough enlightenment for this time around, please.
    • Report abuse
  •  10-17-2006, 1:18 PM 11447 in reply to 11441

You're a riot Mark. Thanks for support of both threads.

And, I certainly don't want to "pressure" anybody . . . . but what about The Many Faces of Terrorism?

Peace, Tim

-Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Report abuse
  •  10-17-2006, 8:36 PM 11523 in reply to 11447

• perera is not online. Last active: 11-03-2007, 6:59 PM perera
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2006
    • Boulder, CO and Colombo, Sri Lanka
    • Posts 625
    • Points 314,595

Nice!! I hope Ken responds Smile [:)] People can hardly wait.

Thanks for the push, children Wink [;)]

Nomali

~Save the Earth- it's the only planet with Chocolate.

• Post Points: 50
    • Report abuse
  •  10-18-2006, 8:12 AM 11560 in reply to 11523

It would be great to read Transformations together...I skipped out on IS because I couldn't seem to get the files to print at work (where I have access to a printer).  I'm finally currently reading IS, it's fantastic.  Smile [:)]

arthur

p.s. I also can't wait to read the Many Faces of Terrorism...I'd love to hear Ken talking with someone like Jim Garrison about that subject...what has Garrison been up to since his wonderful book America as Empire anyway?

I am seeking meaningful work.

bio: http://aqalicious.gaia.com/

I spend most of my "forum time" these days on The Integral Pod: http://pods.gaia.com/ii/

"You've never seen everything." - Bruce Cockburn
    • Report abuse
  •  10-20-2006, 6:09 PM 11820 in reply to 11441

hi mark,

and before i forget, happy 65th! that puts you one up on me.

a subtle advantage of not yet being able to take a look at TOC is that we can catch up on some of the homework that will help us to better understand this--can there be any question about this?--ground-breaking new work.

not to be missed is the latest conference call with martin matustik. if i could just get up at 12:30, like ken is now doing, i would want to use some of the additional time to study kierkegaard. he was evidently looking at something, which martin refers to as the religious sphere, which was neither structure-developmental (through stages) nor a progression (like trained states). yet there appears to be a hierarchy, or at least an ordering of these spheres. unfortunately, part of the call appears to have been lost, in preparing it for our consumption.

ralph

• Report abuse
  •  10-20-2006, 7:58 PM 11836 in reply to 11820

• perera is not online. Last active: 11-03-2007, 6:59 PM perera
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2006
    • Boulder, CO and Colombo, Sri Lanka
    • Posts 625
    • Points 314,595

Hi Ralph,

you wrote: unfortunately, part of the call appears to have been lost, in preparing it for our consumption.

There is a part 2 for this conversation. Maybe its not lost...

Glad you seem to have enjoyed this intriguing dialogue. Maybe start a thread here?

Nomali

~Save the Earth- it's the only planet with Chocolate.

• Report abuse
  •  10-20-2006, 8:00 PM 11838 in reply to 11523

perera:

Thanks for the push, children Wink [;)]

Now since we've buttered you up, can we have cookies and milk too, please?Smile [:)]

I'm sure Mark and Ralph would like that.

(Happy Birthday Mark!Party!!! [<:o)]Cake [^]Right Hug [}]Gift [G])

-Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Report abuse
  •  10-21-2006, 4:10 AM 11869 in reply to 11820

Thanks, Ralph and Tim, for the Birthday wishes,

One thing about Ken's work is that he always leads us step by step through any new material.  I virtually always feel that I can follow the development of his argument paragraph by paragraph because of his carefulness. 

But there are so many paragraphs!  It's amazing that he can actually write faster than I can read.

But must stop now as the One-eyed Searsclops calls.

I will unwind at the end of the day with the Martin Matustik call.

And, Ralph, the 64th year has been the best yet.  May it also be your best yet.

MarkD

Just enough enlightenment for this time around, please.
    • Report abuse
  •  11-08-2006, 9:27 AM 14267 in reply to 11523

Another request from another salivating reader for T of C.  I'm beggin'.

Joanne from NY
    • Report abuse
  •  04-01-2007, 2:02 PM 21358 in reply to 14267

hi joanne,

i'm a little slow in posting a response to your message, but still not too late. you probably already know that ken is making the introduction to T of C available to us sometime soon. not a typical introduction, rather a ken-80-page introduction.

i'm guessing a logical time for it to appear will be after the concalls on 'integral spirituality' chapters have come to a close. if so, we still need to wait a bit, time enough, hopefully, to get ready for it. this is almost like waiting for summer vacation to end so i can go back to school: i'm feeling very young again.

in the meantime there are some new blogs at kenwilber.com, the latest on 'sense and soul'.

when it does come, i'm hoping we can all have a good integral conversation about it.

ralph

• Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help