Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Integral Institute Forums » Holons » Re: Discuss Holons: News from the Integral World

Discuss Holons: News from the Integral World

Last post 12-20-2006, 2:06 PM by pattye. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-21-2006, 11:06 AM 8736

Discuss Holons: News from the Integral World

Discuss each monthly issue of Holons: News from the Integral World here!
    • Post Points: 80
    • Report abuse
  •  09-22-2006, 10:30 AM 8882 in reply to 8736

Re: Discuss Holons: News from the Integral World

Here's the latest issue - aka the adastra birthday issue (October).  Ooh, they link to Finite and Infinite Games!  That book rocked my world way back when.  Big Smile [:D]

arthur

I am seeking meaningful work.

bio: http://aqalicious.gaia.com/

I spend most of my "forum time" these days on The Integral Pod: http://pods.gaia.com/ii/

"You've never seen everything." - Bruce Cockburn
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  09-22-2006, 3:42 PM 8917 in reply to 8882

Wow, check this out:

The University of Manchester investigation - announced on World Hearing Voices Day (Thursday, 14th September) - comes after Dutch researchers found that many healthy members of the population there regularly hear voices.

from the Holons link Can Hearing Voices in Your Head Be a Good Thing?

Wow...there really is a day for pretty much everything, isn't there?  A friend told me about a writer he knows who lives a consistent 2nd life (not the computer kind) when he sleeps - in his dreams he goes go another world, where he has a different wife and different children; it is consistent and develops over time just as his life in this world does.  During the day (in our world) he hears voices from the other world.  My friend explained that the writer will never end up in a mental institution because he "knows how to play the game" of consensus reality, and he takes living in two worlds in stride.

Interestingly, last night I met someone who told me about a shaman he knows who works with datura, and as a result lives in two worlds in just that way.  I guess it doesn't matter what kind of weirdness you experience as long as you know how to play the game and don't feel too distressed by the weirdness.

arthur

I am seeking meaningful work.

bio: http://aqalicious.gaia.com/

I spend most of my "forum time" these days on The Integral Pod: http://pods.gaia.com/ii/

"You've never seen everything." - Bruce Cockburn
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  09-22-2006, 4:24 PM 8925 in reply to 8917

I already and directly gave my advice on Holons that I find really good.  And Adastra thank you for those links!
    • Report abuse
  •  11-03-2006, 4:32 AM 13543 in reply to 8736

• raymondb is not online. Last active: 14 Feb 2024, 9:18 PM raymondb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-30-2006
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25

Hi, is there a way to access back issues of Holons?

thanks
    Raymond
    • Report abuse
  •  11-03-2006, 6:44 AM 13552 in reply to 8736

• gary is not online. Last active: 11-11-2007, 10:39 AM gary
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2006
    • Posts 14
    • Points 145

Holons, Integral Institute's new monthly newsletter, is broken down in a really interesting way: Articles are listed by quadrants, altitude, and culture (althought the "culture" part is almost exclusively western, particularly American...I'm sure it will get more integral as time goes by). All in all, it's a great first step in providing second tier perspectives on a wide variety of subjects.

The section on "culture by altitude" particularly caught my attention, largely due to Sam harris' new book, "Letter to a Christian Nation," and it's relagation to an orange altitude. One of the problems I see is that there is just a short paragraph of a pop-up blurb that claims that Harris has a "kind of violence in his rational reductionism, which doesn't get resolved until trans-rational and integral stages," without explaining why. The only link takes you directly to the Random House website which is basically a commercial for the book. In my humble opinion, this is less than satisfying. I want to know why the editors have taken this position, not just that they have.

Much more richness on this subject is contained in the November issue of Wired magazine, in an article entitled, "The New Atheism," by Gary Wolf.

More on this at my blog

Gary

Gary Stamper
    www.garystamper.com
    http://garystamper.blogspot.com/

• Report abuse
  •  12-20-2006, 10:32 AM 16906 in reply to 8736

• ikarma is not online. Last active: 10-10-2008, 9:56 PM ikarma
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-19-2006
    • Jupiter, Florida USA
    • Posts 69
    • Points 1,320

I noticed that the recent issue of Holons lists Epinions.com as a "Hot Site".

I would like to suggest http://www.iKarma.com as a Hot Site for the next issue.

iKarma is a stand alone reputation management system like those found on eBay, Amazon and other popular web sites.  By recording customer comments and ratings, iKarma makes it possible for any business to harness the value of customer "Word of Mouth"  Giving good word of mouth to business and professionals that deserve it helps good businesses save on advertising.  This gives those good businesses an economic advantage over competition.  It helps other consumers and rewards those good vendors that deserve our business.  Giving good businesses an edge over those that skimp on quality and spend on advertising also improves the proper outcome of the invisable hand of capitalism in making sure business benefits the consumer.

iKarma is free, easy and can be used by any type of business or profession, from the largest corporation to the local babysitter.

Full disclosure:  I am the CEO of iKarma Inc.

Peace & Prosperity

Paul Williams
    http://Paul.ikarma.com
    • Report abuse
  •  12-20-2006, 2:06 PM 16920 in reply to 8736

To the Holon Staff:  Where have you been all my life.  I wish I had a book I could go through of "Everything".  Holons is brilliant!  I am busy running back and forth, taking care of animals and doing various other things for some of my family.  I usually don't get this caught up and I am not having that great a time.

And then I come home to Holons.  Went there first.  Will not have time to read now but went through the whole thing and may write again and say more.  If not, congratulate yourself again.  I do.  And Have a wonderful Christmas if you get some time.   Thanks  Pattye    PS I also look forward to reading the other comments.

• Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help