Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Integral Basics

Last post 01-23-2007, 5:45 AM by pelleB. 35 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (36 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-10-2007, 7:51 AM 18062 in reply to 18055

Re: Integral Basics: Graphs, Charts & Diagrams

Attachment: 4QBasic.jpg

That's great Rick! Here, let me test one . . .

"With whom or with what are you in communion at this moment?"
    . . ."I?" he replied, almost mechanically. "Why not with anyone or anything."
    "You must be a marvel . . . if you are able to continue in that state for long."
    -Constantin Stanislavsky
  •  01-10-2007, 7:54 AM 18063 in reply to 18062

Well, there's still the "got a click on it 'cause it's squished" phenomenon, but awesome none the less.

. . . . click on the image to enlarge.

Notice that we are all one with galaxies, atoms and prehension  . . .

"You must be a marvel . . . if you are able to continue in that state for long."
    -Constantin Stanislavsky
  •  01-10-2007, 9:57 PM 18076 in reply to 18063

Learn something new everyday.

The term "center of gravity" goes all the way back to William James!

" . . .It is assumed to reflect a person's most ego-syntonic and habitual frame of reference or preferred mode of responding to life. James, (1902) refers to this as a person's "center of gravity," a particularly felicitous metaphor."

-Susanne Cook-Greuter, Postautonomous Ego Development: A Study of Its Nature and Measurement 1999,2005 pg. 27

Incidentally:

syn·ton·ic   –adjective

1. Electricity. adjusted to oscillations of the same or a particular frequency.
    2. Psychiatry. of or denoting a personality characterized by normal emotional responsiveness to the environment.

-Constantin Stanislavsky
  •  01-22-2007, 7:15 PM 18572 in reply to 17923

Re: Integral Basics: Glossary: Translation vs Transformation

Can anyone summarize how the terms Translation and Transformation are defined in AQAL please? I have my suspicions but I am not really sure.

Thanks.

Rick Bateman
    Founder
    Social Circles Canada - A New Kind Of Health Club
    socialcirlces.ca
    +48° 25' 43.45", -123° 20' 10.20" (hint: Google Maps)
  •  01-22-2007, 7:19 PM 18573 in reply to 18572

Re: Integral Basics: Glossary: Contraction and Inflation

I am also wondering if there is an official AQAL way the terms Contraction and Inflation are used.

Thanks again.

Rick Bateman
    Founder
    Social Circles Canada - A New Kind Of Health Club
    socialcirlces.ca
    +48° 25' 43.45", -123° 20' 10.20" (hint: Google Maps)
  •  01-23-2007, 5:45 AM 18580 in reply to 18572

Re: Integral Basics: Glossary: Translation vs Transformation

rbateman:

Can anyone summarize how the terms Translation and Transformation are defined in AQAL please? I have my suspicions but I am not really sure.

Thanks.

Very briefly I would say that transformation is vertical development and translation is horizontal development. In other words transformation is moving up a level, and translation is becoming more full or healthy at you current level.

I'm very glad that Ken is now saying openly that healthy translation is always the primary goal, instead of trying to chase the next higher level.

http://pelle.zaadz.com/
    http://malmointegral.blogspot.com/
Page 3 of 3 (36 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help