Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Integral Institute Forums » General Community Forums » Integral By Topic » Re: Integral Psychology & Psychotherapy Thread!

Integral Psychology & Psychotherapy Thread!

Last post 03-20-2007, 1:14 PM by ralphweidner. 46 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (47 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-15-2007, 9:12 PM 20687 in reply to 2096

• dralex is not online. Last active: 03-16-2007, 4:07 AM dralex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-08-2007
    • Pennsylvania
    • Posts 3
    • Points 30

Re: Integral Psychology & Psychotherapy Thread!

I think you are on to something with this post. I am also uncomfortable with the idea of selfless love, largely because I think the term is used imprecisely. My sense is that the typical meaning of selfless love is one in which the needs of the other are put first. I think that a lot of times people who attempt to express "selfless love" end up being a door mat. Parents who take care of their children may be expressing selfless love but maybe they're meeting their inner need to be a good parent. And I wonder if there are times when putting your needs first can be the most loving thing you do for another person (e.g. when modeling appropriate boundaries). Can you love the other without loving your self? To get more literal...can there be any such thing as selfless love or no-self love? Who does the loving? The ever-present Witness? Is that love or just pure awareness? Are they the same?

Well, I'm not sure that made a lot of sense. It's late and I'm off to bed.

Peace,

Alex

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  03-20-2007, 1:14 PM 20893 in reply to 20686

Re: Integral Psychology & Psychotherapy Thread!

have you looked at the first volume of the aqal journal?  there are a number of outstanding articles on integral psychology and psychotherapy and related topics.

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
Page 4 of 4 (47 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help