Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Journal of Integral Theory and... » Vol. 1, No. 2: Summer 2024 » Re: "An Introduction to Integral Life Practice"

"An Introduction to Integral Life Practice"

Last post 04-25-2007, 5:17 PM by pattye. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-08-2007, 11:04 AM 20269

"An Introduction to Integral Life Practice"

By Adam Leonard
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  04-21-2007, 10:25 AM 21915 in reply to 20269

• dalebent is not online. Last active: 09-01-2007, 1:32 PM dalebent
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-22-2006
    • Nanaimo, BC Canada
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Re: "An Introduction to Integral Life Practice"

Hello Adam

Are you any relation to George Leonard, the co-author of "The Life We Are Given"?

OldProf

OldProf
    • Report abuse
  •  04-25-2007, 9:39 AM 22026 in reply to 21915

• adamleonard1 is not online. Last active: 04-25-2007, 9:39 AM adamleonard1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-03-2006
    • Posts 2
    • Points 215

No, I’m not related to George Leonard, although he is certainly a hero of mine. George and Michael Murphy have done more than almost anyone else to create a space for the Human Potential movement to bloom.

I know that the summer I lived, studied, and practiced at the Esalen Institute made a lasting impact on my life.

Blessings,

Adam

• Report abuse
  •  04-25-2007, 5:17 PM 22040 in reply to 22026

Me too.  I used "The Life We Are Given" exercises for several years and still recommend the book for those who cannot affordthe ILP set.  I find myself still inclluding some of it on some days.  Esp. when I want to get on the floor and do the affirmations.   And I ordered Murphy's book and it was bigger that SES. that I had just finished.  I could not even think of starting it and did not keep it.  I figured I would pick up bits and pieces as time went on.   I assume tht his brilliant research has been used in putting together the ILP.   I am so taken with that.  I am a former PE teacher and now a retired Psychotherapist so I see little things I have learned or seen that are so subtle .  It all comes together for me.   In this fast pace world, a young mother with little children and a job can work in the one minute module and I know it works.  There were days before I retired that I would use just that and that would remind me to Pray during the day.   the nuns used to have us write AMDG on the top of out papers with a cross on top of that.   As you may know, it meant "All for the honor and glory of God"  ( and that cn be thought of as Good or God).  The point is that you can keep your original path and add to it.   These kinds of things would come back to me but the basis is the ILP.  A lot of research went into it and I doubt they will ever have to change that much.  I will check back with this thread and see howit goes.   I keep thinking I may do a few days or so of my own practice . I am still thinking.  Adam and OldProf have you started yet?  And OldProf are you an OldProf?   Later Pattye
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help