Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

First Impressions

Last post 11-05-2007, 6:22 PM by lizholdstock. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-15-2007, 3:53 PM 24558

First Impressions

All:

I am creating this thread so people have a place to post their first impressions upon receiving the ILP Starter Kit. If you have had your kit for a while but remember your first impressions, feel free to share with us. If you have just received your kit, this is a place to share your excitement, dissappointment, or confusion. Having just received my kit, I am planning to give it all a good looking over and share my first impressions.

Enjoy!
    Scott

Personal Philosophy: Practice Happiness
  •  06-19-2007, 12:37 PM 24667 in reply to 24558

Re: First Impressions

The ILP kit is great for beginners, but not much in meat and potatoes for others.
    JC
    33° 13' N 87° 37' W
  •  06-25-2007, 7:41 AM 24856 in reply to 24667

I have a basic understanding of AQAL and I've only digested 3/4 of the material since recieving the kit, yet this is definately what I was 'seeking'. This kit provides practical yet radical exercises for awakening me to the spaciousness of my awareness, within a framework which enables me to more authentically and clearly objectify, transcend and embrace that which were floating abstractions. So for me as a beginner you may have guessed am very excited. Thanks

•  07-03-2007, 4:14 AM 25168 in reply to 24856

I agree that this is an amazing starter kit, but is lacking real depth in many of the modules.  The nutrition module comes to mind as being drastically underdeveloped.

I'd also like to mention that the kit seems to be entirely focused on the self, with little or no recognition of community or nature.

Having said these things I must admit that I am thrilled that the kit exists at all and I have gotten some great usage out of the Shadow and Big Mind modules, as there was definitely room in my practice for these.

I'm sure that, while this kit is not in any way a complete and comprehensive guide, most anyone could find some benefit from engaging it.  New comers to integral or life practice will certainly find this kit to be eye opening in the least.

http://devinmartin.blogspot.com/

Devin Martin's Integral Life Practice, Big Brother accounts, Music, Pictures, Video, writing archive and community center
  •  08-08-2007, 4:06 PM 27094 in reply to 25168

For a beginner or someone whose life is out of balance the Starter Kit is a well thought out guide that is easy to follow and I like the module concept.  I agree that it is first person singular focused and does not include much on the other quadrants.  But like the others, I either find it not advanced enough or I am not getting it.  Maybe there really is more depth here than I percieve. 

What I discovered is that my life is already integrated, operating in all areas in all quadrants and I shift states regularly and at will.  I'm not a buddhist, I'm a Quaker so in some ways it looks a bit different but it is the same stuff.

I wonder where to go from here.   

•  08-19-2007, 8:59 PM 27505 in reply to 24667

as a beginner

Even as a biginner feels very light and my espectations where builded up upon the way it was selled to me.
    Not much meat in it!

doncella triste
  •  09-25-2007, 5:44 AM 29001 in reply to 27505

Re: as a beginner

I agree. And where is the myILP.com that was coming? I have had my kit for over a year and it is very lite and there have been no follow-ups that I have seen. Or events or workshops on the East Cost. I am a memeber so what is up guys?

J. RyerSad [:(]

•  11-05-2007, 6:22 PM 31345 in reply to 24558

Hi,

I received the ILP practice kit a week or so ago.  So far i haven't done a huge amount with it. But i do like it and think/hope it has potential for me. yes, it is light- but the positive side of that is i was able to get a fairly comprehensive grasp of what it covers in a very short time- which is a huge benefit i feel.  and the most important part is DOING the practice- this is always my failing, i read stuff, it sounds great but i don't do it- hence my hope on this one. another of my tendencies is i  do all or nothing.  i recently started the Holosync programme, and came to the ILP because it was recommended by Bill Harris of Centerpointe- producers of Holosync.  so i am doing 2 programmes!

i started with the shadow DVD (after my brief perusual/overview).  i did not really feel i came to any conclusions/insights having gone through the 123 process but that night/ dreams/ thoughts i did have a big insight so i will assume the 123 process had to do with that!

plus i am having unusual insominia ?? and i am jumping in and writing a post (usually just read)

i'm looking forward to doing more of it,

so long, liz

View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help