Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Integral Life Portal: Real Name Usage

Last post 07-24-2007, 11:18 PM by pattye. 37 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (38 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-23-2007, 9:37 AM 26255 in reply to 26217

Re: Integral Life Portal: Real Name Usage

As to why this thread started in a sponsor-member only restricted space, I can easily answer that: because I'm an idiot.  I didn't even realize there were two different levels of access to our forums, one of the many (there are hundreds, literally) idiosyncracies of II's past operating structure that will be gone with the new portal (which will have only one level of community access, across the board, currently planned at $14.99/month).
  •  07-23-2007, 6:57 PM 26277 in reply to 26255

• JulieSmith is not online. Last active: 04-12-2008, 6:51 PM JulieSmith
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-12-2007
    • Posts 26
    • Points 400

Whew. It's such a relief to know our fearless CEO is merely an idiot, and not actively seeking to subvert the rest of us. :) Thanks for clearing all that up. And your timing is exquisite, I must say, as the space between the beginning and end of this particular discussion provided the perfect container for Ralph and I to get to know each other a little better. Gosh, you're GOOD. :)

Julie
  •  07-23-2007, 9:47 PM 26282 in reply to 26255

• ikarma is not online. Last active: 10-10-2008, 9:56 PM ikarma
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-19-2006
    • Jupiter, Florida USA
    • Posts 69
    • Points 1,320

"All the rest of that day, on those wild screaming beaches,
    The Fix-It-Up Chappie kept fixing up Sneetches.
    Off again! On again! In again! Out again!
    Through the machines they raced round and about again,

Changing their stars every minute or two. They kept paying money.
    They kept running through until the Plain nor the Star-Bellies knew
    Whether this one was that one or that one was this one. Or which one
    Was what one or what one was who." - Sneetches by Dr Suess

Peace & Prosperity

Paul Williams
    http://Paul.ikarma.com
  •  07-24-2007, 10:40 AM 26308 in reply to 26282

• JulieSmith is not online. Last active: 04-12-2008, 6:51 PM JulieSmith
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-12-2007
    • Posts 26
    • Points 400

Nice, Paul. Very nice. Good to start the day with a grin. :)

Are you the Paul Williams who wrote Das Energi? Part of me is thinking no, you couldn't be THAT Paul Williams, and then I'm thinking where ELSE would THAT Paul Williams end up these many years later? If you're him, wow. That book had a major impact on my life.

Julie
  •  07-24-2007, 11:16 AM 26310 in reply to 26282

hey paul!

i guess you could rightly say we've been a bunch of sneetches.  thanks for poking some fun into our balloon.  we also seem to be doing alot more talking than listening and actually acknowledging we've heard what the other had to say.

•  07-24-2007, 2:26 PM 26314 in reply to 26255

Dear Robb:  Are we at the end?  I am an idiot also.   Been on this particular newer site for only a year ( started when Integral started).  I did not know the difference since I needed the CD's to share and use and cannot sit at a computer as long now that I have had knee and hip problems.  So I signed up for that

For the rest of us.  Seems that there are very good points for both sides.  This occured to me today.  Words are so powerful that I have actual bodily feelings about them as do some other people.  So I wondered if there was a way to find out anything about altitude about Handles and/or annonyminity?  Some poor souls are given ridiculous names at birth or think they are  And others find a ridiculous name for a handle..   I am embarrasssed to tell you what my first computer "handle" was.   My son told me that was not very proffesional and that I needed to change it.  So I did.  Actuallly the person who set up my computer gave me my ann. name and she called the main file  "Fuckin Horses" after this crazy  hilarious story I had watched on one of those Toasts the night before on TV.   We were having fun and great laughter over this.   I left it that way for several years.

Now I see some of the names and wonder what people are thinking.  Some sound like little kids not grown up, Some are scarey.  Some are after heroes and godesses and pets.  Some will use their real name for some people and use their "handle " for others.  And some mean something we do not understand.  This can be funny, fun

outrageous, stupid (mine was stupid) ugly and so-so.   I think I thought I was cool, since I missed the really "cool" age, I thought.   I said this once but I liken it to the nasty ways that politicians started talking esp the Bush/Gore race.   I am not a republican and I was missing Bob Dole.  Gentlemanly and LadyLike stuff can be a very in authentic and not congruent sometimes but we went so far the other way.

So it seems to me that we do need to think this through carefully.  It all seemed very easy at first and yet this was a very thoughtful discussion in my opinion.  On the other hand, it seems so sad that we cannot choose freely, that it has come to this- we will be in harms way if we put up our real names.   I do wish there was a way to figure out the altitude of names.    I am afraid I do - in my private thoughts sometimes.

I did not mean to wait until "the end" and I thought I better get this in even though I have not thought it through that carefully.   These decisions are important and I have learned that from this forum.   Thanks Pattye

I thought it was all very funny.  Today, I wonder what I was thinking.

•  07-24-2007, 11:01 PM 26336 in reply to 26308

• ikarma is not online. Last active: 10-10-2008, 9:56 PM ikarma
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-19-2006
    • Jupiter, Florida USA
    • Posts 69
    • Points 1,320

No, I'm just the Paul Williams that everyone asks if I'm THAT Paul Williams.  LOL

Perhaps we should also post a birth certificate, medical records, full resume and a nude photo taken from front and back in addition to our real names.  Then we could really build that community we've always dreamed of.  :)

Peace & Prosperity

Paul Williams
    http://Paul.ikarma.com
  •  07-24-2007, 11:18 PM 26339 in reply to 26336

Paul:   Really enjoyed a lighthearted poem at this time.  Tell us that this is not the biggest thing that has to be decided.  And by the way, I like your  ikarma  name. It is one of those universal words.   Seems you have been doing both all along.  Enjoyed your web site and found the highwire lessons very interesting.  And brave.  Wanted to check you out since you are a fellow Floridian.   Maybe someday we will have enough here to start some sort of group 2x a year or something.

Sometimes, it seems we are in another country instead of another state.  Pattye

Page 3 of 3 (38 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help