Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Integral Degree Forums » General Discussion » Re: Healing through Therapeutic touch etc.

Healing through Therapeutic touch etc.

Last post 09-22-2007, 5:48 AM by benachad. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-08-2007, 9:31 AM 22498

Healing through Therapeutic touch etc.

Hi

I'm interested in viewing energy healing through a healer (as in therapeutic touch) in the broadest possible context.  Where does this kind of healing fit in an integral model?  Is it evidence-based? A reference list to facilitate a critical understanding is welcome.

Could you please move this to the appropriate place?

Thanks,

Joey
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  05-09-2007, 9:11 AM 22581 in reply to 22498

Re: Healing through Therapeutic touch etc.

Hey Joe,

Welkome,  welkom to INaked gab-forum Smile [:)] are you energy healer yourself? If not it is not possible to just say , " Ok now that someone told me what is like, what happens, how and why it works I get it , let me talk about it , write about it" , and be an expert on energy healing. Not saying that's what you're doing. Is it evidence based? the art of enery balancing/healing?  sure, ever had a session with a competent healer-practitioner?

If I told you, once upon,  one of my Reiki student's during hands-on transmission experienced something tot. mind-blowing, (and) , in his words - "I sat up and was wondering what would happen if I kept going"- to which I replied,  "this is the part of you which can not die".

That is exactly  what happened .  T's horizontal , on the massage table body sat up ...Do you belive me? I wouldn't,  if someone told me somt. like that. But maybe this is  why this young , self-proclaimed non-beliver (no religion) man,  said with that far-away gaze - "there is something" and according to his wife (also student) he yearned to wear a crucifix...and did.

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  05-09-2007, 9:23 AM 22582 in reply to 22581

ooops! just noticed I'm on the wrong forum!
    • Report abuse
  •  09-22-2007, 5:48 AM 28838 in reply to 22498

Hi Joey,

In answer to your first question Therapeutic touch would indeed fit into the integral model. It's focus is on the subtle body (pranic, bioplasmic, etheric, energetic .... whatever term suits you). Therefore as a treatment mode it would be placed in the second or upper right quadrant, at the subtle body level.

Whether or not Thereapeutic touch has scientific validation is relevant to the degree that you consider it to be important. While I would agree that such studies are important I also realize how slow and bias the establishment can be in these matters. I do seem to recall some research that supports the treatment and I do know that at least for a while it was welcome as a compliment treatment in some hospitals. I do not know its status now, other than to say that it is still offered via many different outlets. As with any treatment, traditional or otherwise, due dilligence is recommended. Who is providing the service and do you feel they are qualified to do so. That is, can they deliver the goods. There are a number of alternative energetic treatments available and I would be happy to provide a list of a number of books you might find helpful in your own research. I personally had a very successful treatment from a Qi Gong master whom I highly recommend.

• Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help