Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Ken in NYC

Last post 09-16-2006, 7:26 PM by rosecpw. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-15-2006, 10:07 AM 7944 in reply to 7690

Re: Ken in NYC

if anyone can tell me how to post photos on this multiplex (on the photo page it says something to the effect of "post your photos here") i'll put them up right away and you can see pics of the NYC event.  we have sent them to several i-i staff, but  . . .

later,

gene

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  09-15-2006, 8:55 PM 8041 in reply to 7944

• perera is not online. Last active: 11-03-2007, 6:59 PM perera
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2006
    • Boulder, CO and Colombo, Sri Lanka
    • Posts 625
    • Points 298,470

Hi Gene,

If you go to this link - http://multiplex.integralinstitute.org/Public/cs/photos/isc/default.aspx you will see Add Picture to the right of the screen. Click on it and then pick Albums on the left of the screen. Select Album named Ken and Traleg and you can Add pictures. If you have trouble, send them to me at nperera@integralinstitute.org and i can post them for ya. Thanks!

Nomali

~Save the Earth- it's the only planet with Chocolate.

• Report abuse
  •  09-16-2006, 6:33 AM 8055 in reply to 8041

precisely where is the "add picture"?

i see that some photos of ken in NYC are showing up anyway . . .

later,

gene

• Report abuse
  •  09-16-2006, 11:41 AM 8080 in reply to 8055

and, hey!, let's don't forget about traleg! as i understand it, ken made the trip to the big apple, in spite of his currently, precarious health, not simply so that new yorkers could bathe in their glory, but, primarily, in order to honor the commitment he had made to traleg kyabgon rinpoche. their collaboration, like so many others that ken has initiated, augurs well for an integral age at the leading edge.

i recently read traleg rinpoche's first book, 'the essence of buddhism', and i think it fits very well with what ISC is doing. its sequel, 'the mind at ease', focused, i believe, on tibetan mahamudra, has been especially recommended by ken. it will be followed by 'the practice of lojong' this coming spring, for which ken has already written the forward (posted at his site).

i'd be interested to hear something about what he had to say.

ralph

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  09-16-2006, 7:26 PM 8107 in reply to 7858

• rosecpw is not online. Last active: 04-07-2008, 1:57 PM rosecpw
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-17-2006
    • NYC
    • Posts 30
    • Points 540

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for starting this thread, and thanks for being willing to go "over the top." I guess if you go over the top, I can too, right?

Watching Ken all last weekend (I went to every event) was a glorious, expansive, yet excruciating experience for me. Generosity was the word that kept coming into my mind, watching Ken put his physical body through I-can't-imagine-what-kind-of-pain in order to give himself to those of us in the audience.

And that audience wasn't all New Yorkers. We had people who'd flown in from California and driven from closer states as well. And the audience LOVED Ken. The standing ovation he received Sunday afternoon at Bank Street was the longest one I've ever heard in my life. I felt as though we were literally trying not only to honor Ken, but to give something of ourselves back to him. There was just this great welling up of love that naturally filled the room and sought to embrace Ken.  And I really felt like he took that love from us in. That meant a lot to me.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
Page 2 of 2 (20 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help