Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

ISC3 day three

Last post 2 hours, 7 minutes ago by fairyfaye. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-07-2007, 1:58 PM 28239

ISC3 day three

if anyone from the multiplex is attending day three of this great and wonderful gathering and u want to hook up, let me know 'cuz i'll be there with bells on and would love to see u Party!!! [<:o)]
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  09-07-2007, 5:16 PM 28247 in reply to 28239

Re: ISC3 day three

religion as it is today isn't working .. the time is ripe for a world religion of common ground

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  09-09-2007, 5:45 PM 28314 in reply to 28247

i won't be attending myself, fairyfaye, but i think it's great you will be. there are some new names, i believe--david deida, traleg rinpoche and lama surya das, although i gather not everyone will be staying for the third day.

i share your hopes for a 'world religion of common ground', but isn't there still much work to be done just to get to a common spiritual ground all can accept?

you're almost as far away from denver as i am. will you be flying?

looking forward to your report (you will give us one, won't you? Smile [:)],

ralph

• Report abuse
  •  09-11-2007, 9:09 PM 28392 in reply to 28314

yes ralph there is much work to do so let's get to it .. talking about it is a really really good start

we will be driving .. it will be an adventure

oh please don't say that some of them won't stay for the third day .. am hoping to see reb and some christian monks and zen masters and a certain doctor author and his wise woman wife and mr sexual yoga and .. but i guess we'll see

and yes will give my report
    thanks for wanting to read it

• Report abuse
  •  09-12-2007, 10:30 AM 28415 in reply to 28392

also what ken was saying to reb zalman in the 'god in the 21st century' dialogue

about how the religions in the outer planes almost never agree with each other because their myths and dogmas are different

but in the inner planes .. the world's mystics have always had much greater resonance with mystics from other traditions because when you're plunged into that unmanifest infinite domain .. there are no qualities to agree or disagree with

so there's some common ground for ya

• Report abuse
  •  19 hours, 31 minutes ago 28488 in reply to 28392

hi fairyfaye,

just finished reading 'big mind ~ big heart', after getting back to his previous book, the correct title of which is 'the path of the human being'--much to say, and no-thing to say about this. but first off (the voice of the Literal Mind), i owe you a reply.

i'm sure it will be great, whoever is there for day 3--looking forward to your promised report Smile [:)]. btw, i'm beginning to see references to sam in your posts. is that who you will be travelling with? what is anything? Big Smile [:D] good question!

now to the voice of Desire: i haven't yet got to the CD at the back of 'big mind ~ big heart', but this book really excited me, so i want to say something about it now.

invoking as best i can the Eight Awarenesses of the Awakened Mind, of all that i could say, what do you need to hear, so that having heard it, you will know it's what, in fact, you want to hear (genpo suggests that we get what we need and, consequently, it makes sense to want what we get)?

the question, i guess, is would you want to include these books in your ilp? if you are not truly interested in the 'big mind' process, then the answer is probably no. if, however, you are, then it's simply a matter of whether you can fit it into your practice or not. well, it's not that simple. if you are like me, there's much more you would like to include than you possibly can. obviously, we need to be selective.

for both books, it helps greatly to have heard genpo before. having watched all the ISC videos of him, and listened to stu's interview of him, i read the books as if he were talking to me in his characteristically easy-going way--he could have been sitting in my living room--which is deceptive, because, like kw, what he has to say is profoundly new, something i expect we will grow to appreciate to the extent we engage in 'big mind' practice along with meditation.

'the path of the human being' can be looked at as a statement of genpo's philosophy, as it developed in his day-to-day talks with his students--in effect, why we would want to engage in 'big mind' practice, as well as meditation--along with practical, how to advice.

'big mind ~ big heart' really excites me because of all the possibilities it seems to me to be opening up. i suspect there will be much more to come. i don't quite know what people are alluding to by the expression 'the fourth turning of the wheel', not even being clear about what the first three were, but aren't we truly blessed to have access to the teachings of kw, genpo et al?

i'm afraid i haven't been able to provide what you need. fortunately, 'big mind ~ big heart' is designed to be read in the same way the big mind process is carried out, so you can give it a test drive and decide for yourself if it's something you want to do on a regular basis.

• Report abuse
  •  2 hours, 7 minutes ago 28510 in reply to 28488

the "we" that is embarking on the mystical voyage is none other than me myself and i Smile [:)] Wink [;)] Cool [H]

hey i googled three turnings of the wheel and found this for you ralph:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Turnings_of_the_Wheel_of_Dharma

• Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help