Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

How Many Forums, Spaces And Blogs Can One Person Take?

Last post 08-08-2006, 2:34 PM by Mascha. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-30-2006, 10:15 AM 2439

How Many Forums, Spaces And Blogs Can One Person Take?

We've been through two Integral Naked Forums...the second will be read only soon, the original is read only. This is the third Integral Naked incarnation. We also have the Integral Insitute forums, Integral Spiritual Center forums, I-I blogs, Ken Wilber blogs, Zaadz friends, specialized websites and forums such as Michael D's, email, text messaging, cell phone text messaging, etc, etc, etc. What am I missing? Whats coming next? It's all great stuff, don't misunderstand me, but I do feel a bit overwhelmed in keeping up with all this.

Communication and linking up is the most profound its ever been in this post-post modern world. Is there a potential set back of diluted efforts, spreading ourselves out too thin, spending too much time at the keyboard?

These forums and blogs are a true blessing in linking up people who never would have met, sharing inspirations and ideas that never would have been shared. Changing the world into an ever expanding global community.

"When you reach a fork in the road, take it"

I find myself having to choose wisely where I am and how I spend my time. Obviously you say, however the pressures for such fundumental decisions are shifting as the ground underneath us moves. You can't stand in one place for long, it keeps on movbing , again and again and again. It's now more fluid and more creative than it ever has been, a dynamic that demands greater skill and insight to dance along .

Thanks to all those who have made it happen.

Dan

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 12:00 PM 2450 in reply to 2439

• concomitance is not online. Last active: 08-19-2006, 1:18 PM concomitance
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-21-2006
    • Posts 4
    • Points 35

Re: How Many Forums, Spaces And Blogs Can One Person Take?

Just thought I'd echo this sentiment as I've been feeling it too.
    .truth&beauty...start.to.sway.;
    .under.heavy.burden.we've.thrown.its.way.
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 12:43 PM 2451 in reply to 2450

I agree too. It's wonderful but half those things you mentioned I have very consciously not become involved with becasue it's was hard enough just keeping up with the IN forum . . . . (except for those times when it seems tumble weeds are blowing across the cyber waves and you have a lot to say).

Even as it stands now, I have left at least a dozen threads in the old IN unfinished and some with significant topics, and now here, well, there's a lot.

But it is wonderful, but hyper-efficency is called for at times, and that does keep ya on yer toes.

Smile [:)]

What you see is what you get, What you get is what you see,
    Don't see it? Don't get it. Don't get it? Don't see it.
    What you see is what you get.
    • Report abuse
  •  08-01-2006, 1:00 AM 2690 in reply to 2451

timelody:
    Even as it stands now, I have left at least a dozen threads in the old IN unfinished and some with significant topics, and now here, well, there's a lot.

I have noticed people do the same thing, start a thread then not reply to anything afterwards, even though they are active in other places.  I find it frustrating, like someone walking away mid-conversation.  It's the world we live in now though.  Don Beck seems to think that the Coral meme will be the thing that makes the tough but necessary decisions, namely who gets to live or die.  He meant that in political terms, but I suspect it will also be true of non-political ideas and structures.

If Turquise pieces everything together, then Coral burns away all the dead wood -- a sort of integral, compassionate demolishion.  At least, that's my estimate.  So should we reach for the machete?  No one is 100% wrong, of course, but logically that means that people who argue for keeping things simple rather than being radically inclusive are also not 100% wrong.  Just a thought experiment.

Gavin

Haunted by the familiarity of inner softness behind frozen eyes
    • Report abuse
  •  08-01-2006, 8:18 AM 2716 in reply to 2690

guilty as charged, i'm sure i left many post-replies (to me) unanswered because i couldn't find'em.

will do same here i'm sure. not forum-savvy after all these years ahwellTongue Tied [:S]

h

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  08-02-2006, 1:25 AM 2842 in reply to 2439

Attachment: Multiplex Maze.jpg
    Hello-ooo (echoing through the multiplex.........

Wondering how this works................ attachments and all.

I can see you, kind of.... Hmmm..........
    • Report abuse
  •  08-02-2006, 1:33 AM 2843 in reply to 2842

Too many forums, subforums, sub hyper super blimps, you say?

Naww... Goldilocks thinks this is just right.
    • Report abuse
  •  08-02-2006, 1:44 AM 2844 in reply to 2843

....but why are those Escher Stairs so small? ...and the Multiplex Maze painting above the Escher barely visible?

Anyone know how to get a Big Picture to show up in here?

Love,
    Mascha

Edit Note: Now I see that you can click on the Multiplex Maze picture above and it will appear in a new bigger window.
    • Report abuse
  •  08-02-2006, 4:43 PM 2961 in reply to 2844

I like the Escher, hows this?

• Report abuse
  •  08-02-2006, 5:04 PM 2964 in reply to 2961

That's what I had in mind, crystallake. Thank you.

...... it's all about perspectives, eh?

M
    • Report abuse
  •  08-04-2006, 4:15 AM 3186 in reply to 2964

• ats is not online. Last active: 08-29-2006, 7:30 AM ats
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-17-2006
    • Honolulu, Hawaii
    • Posts 41
    • Points 885

I LOVE this place!

I want more!   More!  MORE!

• Report abuse
  •  08-05-2006, 12:59 PM 3422 in reply to 3186

Hehehe! I do like to hear that. Exactly how I felt when I first found IN.

Integral crack.

Liz
    God Bless Ken Wilber
    • Report abuse
  •  08-07-2006, 2:44 AM 3597 in reply to 3186

Attachment: Sarcasm Society.jpg
    ats:
    I LOVE this place!

I want more!   More!  MORE!

Hey, join now
    • Report abuse
  •  08-07-2006, 3:09 AM 3598 in reply to 2690

infimitas:
    .........  Don Beck seems to think that the Coral meme will be the thing that makes the tough but necessary decisions, namely who gets to live or die.  He meant that in political terms, but I suspect it will also be true of non-political ideas and structures.

If Turquise pieces everything together, then Coral burns away all the dead wood -- a sort of integral, compassionate demolishion.  At least, that's my estimate.  So should we reach for the machete?  No one is 100% wrong, of course, but logically that means that people who argue for keeping things simple rather than being radically inclusive are also not 100% wrong.  Just a thought experiment.

Gavin, I'm currently familiarizing myself with the Spiral Dynamics language and find your description of a 'higher order demolition at Coral' really interesting. Could you elaborate? Or should I start a new thread asking about this?

Thank you all for being available here,

M
    • Report abuse
  •  08-07-2006, 4:20 AM 3601 in reply to 3598

Hello M,
    Mascha:
    Gavin, I'm currently familiarizing myself with the Spiral Dynamics language and find your description of a 'higher order demolition at Coral' really interesting. Could you elaborate?

I'm suprised you got anything from my previous post.  Sometimes my mind is bursting with so many ideas that when I come to express them in words it just sort of goes... splat, with disjointed thoughts and comments everywhere.  Direct mind-to-mind communication would make this all so much easier!

I think that by trying to include everything, we run the risk of inadvertantly including errors.  I'm not saying that anyone does that, but I believe the risk is there as a potential.  I also believe that we carry around with us, right now, certain faulty assumptions.  Challenging these will be difficult and perhaps even hurtful, because we are so used to them, and people will resist change vehemently -- but dispelling these myths may be necessary if we want to progress.

It just seems a natural progression.  At SD-Yellow we start to undertsand heirarchy and begin to order everything into the proper positions; at SD-Turquoise we put everything together and create a truly integral model; at SD-Coral... who knows, maybe then we realise we need to tidy things up a bit, perhaps by being more critical.

These are just my best guesses though, please don't assume I really know what SD-Coral will be like.
    Gavin

Haunted by the familiarity of inner softness behind frozen eyes
    • Report abuse
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help